Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vaccinations and 2nd month doctor visit

To all the little precious babies I wish you don't have to get hurt.



When Trey turned 2 months old we had to go to his pediatrician for a 2nd month check up and vaccinations. They first weighed him and measured how tall he is. He was 13 lbs and 24 inches. They gave him 4 shots. The Rotavirus is an oral one which protects against severe diarrhea, vomiting, fever and dehydration. The first shot with a needle was on his left thigh. The other two were shots on his right thigh. One of them is the Hib which protects against the Haemophilus influenza type B, which can lead to meningitis, pneumonia, and epiglottitis. The other one is the combination vaccines which are the DTap, Hepatitis B, Polio and the last one is pneumococcal.

Dtap protects against diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis. Hep B is to protect against liver disease. Pneumococcal is to protect against pneumococcal disease, which can lead to meningitis, pneumonia, and ear infections.

I believe all these vaccines are good for my baby and for all the babies in the world. But it broke my heart when I saw the tall needles pricked his thigh. I have to get used to these though because there will be more coming.

I took a video of him when he got his shots. Poor guy he cried so much. But he was okay after that. They said there will be side effects after the shots. He got slightly hot and weak and slept most of the time that day. But I didn't give him any fever medicine. I just breastfed him as often as possible and he was back to normal the next day.

The next vaccinations is after every 2 months.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...